Individual therapy is a therapeutic approach where a therapist helps you deal with the specific problem or question for which you seek assistance. During these individual sessions, the focus is solely on you and your needs.
Therapy can be beneficial for everyone, not just those who struggle with specific problems or disorders, but also for those who seek personal growth and self-awareness.
Together, we will explore different areas of your life, deepen your self-understanding, heal your inner child and generational traumas, and help you change your mindset.
During therapy, you can learn new skills such as self-acceptance, setting effective boundaries, assertive communication, reducing stress and anxiety for a more fulfilling life.
You meet with your therapist once a week or at a frequency that is most suitable for you. At “Like Minded Therapy,” the therapist collaborates with you to identify and ultimately overcome obstacles through therapeutic conversations, targeted skill development, and/or evidence-based psychotherapeutic techniques based on your needs.
During our work together:
– We explore what contributes to your attitude towards the situation.
– We identify limiting belief systems.
– We bring to conscious level the internal causes of fear, uncertainty, and irritation.
– We uncover your true goals and desires.
– We find the individual path for you towards inner peace and self-confidence.
Individual therapy can last however long you want. At “Like Minded Therapy” we are here to support you through every step of your journey of growth.
– Initially, sessions are held on a weekly basis. Weekly sessions provide an opportunity for you to regularly share your feelings, thoughts, and experiences with the therapist, which contributes to the effectiveness of therapy. If you have made sufficient progress, you may transition to twice a month.
– Please note that weekly sessions are crucial for successful clinical outcomes. Research conducted by the American Psychological Association (APA) highlights the importance and effectiveness of weekly therapy sessions in various areas.
– However, the therapist will inform you, after the initial session, of their recommendations based on your individual needs.
– Consistency and frequency of therapy, the applied therapeutic approach, and your individual characteristics matter, as they help establish a therapeutic relationship Counseling, which is essential for therapeutic progress.
The success of therapy primarily depends on you, but the therapist also needs to invest in your progress.
At the beginning of the change process, you may experience resistance. The appearance of resistance is due to the conscious mind not knowing how to handle the unknown. This is completely normal. To change unconscious desires, we must become conscious of them.
Assessing the effectiveness of therapy is a personal and subjective experience. Here are some indicators that can help you assess whether therapy is working for you: increased self-awareness, improved coping strategies, better relationships, reduced symptoms, overall improved well-being.
It is important to note that the therapy process can be gradual, and setbacks may occur along the way.
It’s important to know that therapy is always an emotionally supportive space where we focus on your empowering abilities and individual growth. I believe I can provide quality care for you and help you believe in and experience the power of change in your life.
The more you implement what you learn from therapy, the more you will see the changes you strive for in therapy.
45 mins- $250 per session